LifeStyleWork and Life

#LoveJatao This GrandParents’ Day

posted by Mommy Tincture September 10, 2017 17 Comments

My elder son Nik went to a play school where Valentines’ Day was celebrated as the Grandparents Day. His grandparents were too shy to go to the school for such a celebration, thus missed all the fun and frolic. I too did not pursue this matter too much, thinking that Nik is too young to understand anything. I regret it now, because his current school conducts no such celebration. When I read about Grandparents’ Day on 10th September this year, I was a little excited. I decided to make the day special for the grandparents and grandchildren in my house. But with work worth two handfuls of kids I couldn’t think of anything significant. But they say where there’s a will there’s a way. So I planned out a simple celebration with things that were already a part of my household routine adding to it a flavor of special gestures by the three toddlers in my house.

The day began with a small worship ceremony as we are practicing 15 days of “Pitra Paksh” which we dedicate to our family members who have left for the final abode. So in a way it was an added advantage that we had my sisters-in-law visiting. It only ensured that we had an official photographer for the small celebration.

The kids began by making a small presentation by singing the songs, “Dadi amma , dadi amma maan jao” and “Nani teri morni ko mor le gaye”. Nani & Nanu because we were recording the singing presentation and would Whatsapp it to them.

The kids and the grandparents then cut a home baked cake and savored it, while the grandparents appreciated the ‘Grandparents Day Card’ from their 4.5 year old grandson.

Grandparents cutting cake with their Grandchildren

With the ColorCard made by Nik

I as a child I never experienced the joys of being with my grandparents. I am so thankful to the almighty that my kids get all the love and care from their grandparents. Rather, while at home they spend most of their time with their grandparents. My elder son not only know the fun of playing Snakes & Ladders with them, but also know where to go when his mother does not give in to his demands for an extra chocolate or some extended screen time. I pray to god that my kids grow up to have a heart compassionate enough to #LoveJatoa to his aging companions and be their best friend. Life is a bliss with someone to bless you selflessly every moment and life consummates the purpose of its existence when you have someone on two limbs to become your walking stick.

Share how did you celebrate Grandparents Day. Do share a selfie with your grandparents on Sept. 10, 2017 on Twitter or Facebook with #LoveJatao & tag @blogadda to win a goodie from Parachute Advansed.

keerthi vydyula September 10, 2017 at 8:00 pm

Well said! Its true as kids we learn a lot from grandparents and the most imp among those is compassion and love, that stays for long with us.

Mommy Tincture September 10, 2017 at 9:53 pm

Yes I see that in my kids all the time. They are almost inseparable from their grandparents.

upasna September 10, 2017 at 11:01 pm

Lovely to read about your celebration of this day. #MyFriendAlexa #BioscopeReads

Mommy Tincture September 13, 2017 at 8:48 pm

I am generally a non-believer of DAYS. but in this case it was about kids and grandparents. My mother-in-law doesnt even know her birth date, she felt like she was celebrating her birthday.
Thanks for dropping by

Saumy Nagayach September 11, 2017 at 1:53 am

Life is indeed a bliss when someone is around to bless you and take care of you. Grandparents play a great role in educating and sharing life lessons to the kids when parents aren’t around. Love the picture and your thoughts on #LoveJatao to grandparents. 🙂

Mommy Tincture September 13, 2017 at 8:47 pm

Thanks Saumya for these kind words. They mean a lot.

Shraesta September 11, 2017 at 10:46 am

Grand parents incarnate themselves to a kid while being with their grandchildren. That’s really a nice read. My wishes😊

Mommy Tincture September 13, 2017 at 8:47 pm

very true. My father in law really enjoys watching my son learning his alphabets and numbers. Thanks for dropping by

Shalini September 11, 2017 at 3:44 pm

That’s really sweet. I have lost both sets of grandparents and I miss them a lot. All the best for the contest. 🙂

Mommy Tincture September 13, 2017 at 8:46 pm

Thank you Shalini for dropping by.

Ruby Singh September 11, 2017 at 5:21 pm

I too have not been very fortunate in term so getting grandparents love. Due to the nature of my father’s job we kept changing cities and I have been deprived of their love. I hope my kids (whenever they see the light of the day :-P) get all the love from their grandparents.

Mommy Tincture September 13, 2017 at 8:46 pm

The kind of bliss I feel watching my kids with their grandparents assures me that the feeling is universal. Oh and I like “whenever they see the light of day” 😉

Pratibha September 13, 2017 at 12:30 am

So good to see the happy pics. What else do the elders need , except love

Mommy Tincture September 13, 2017 at 8:41 pm

I know my father in law always says that all he expects of us is to respect the elder of the family. Rest shall be taken care of. Thanks for dropping by

Winsant October 9, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Very well said,,,,,

Tina Sequeira September 16, 2017 at 12:59 pm

Hi Anupriya! This was a joyful read. I´m glad that your children get to enjoy the love of their grandparents and learn from them as well. My child is blessed that way as well to have the company of her grandparents unlike me as a child. Keep writing. I warmly invite you to read my blogposts at https://thetinaedit.com/. Cheers!

Winsant October 9, 2017 at 2:04 pm

Houses where elders are respected and bound to prosper.