LifeStyle

Family, I owe you my existence – #ThankYouNote

posted by Mommy Tincture November 29, 2017 20 Comments

I am at a loss of words for this week’s Thankful Thursday’s topic. Where should I start, and where could I end? I have been on this for almost a week now since the announcement of this topic last week, yet I am clueless on how could I ever thank my family to do justice to what they mean to me.

I’d rather thank god, for blessing me with a family where I find absolute balance. How? Well let’s just put it that different members of my family inspire me to be more than I currently am –

My parents gave me an upbringing, that made me believe that I could be anything. Absolutely anything! They taught me to never be bound by any inhibitions and actual or perceived limitations. Even today when I do not stay with them, they are the constant reminders of my aspirations and ambitions in life. Whenever I am engulfed with self doubt they act as thought catalysts and encourage me to go and get it.

My sister was the companion I had almost 24 x7 x 365 days of my life, until I decided to move out of my nest to explore the world. I realize today that she was the first audience to most of my self-indulging activities including my interest in arts & crafts, my inclination towards being a story teller or my ability to be a coach and guide. She followed the no questions asked policy and was always there.

My husband is the most ideal pillar of strength that one could imagine to have in the form of a friend and spouse. He is my reality check and my guide who prevents me from going astray. Whenever I am engulfed with negativity, he is the one who prevents me from stooping down too much and get hold of my character and strengthen it.

My parents-in-law are the cushions that help me take life easy and restrict me from pushing myself beyond the limits of my mental peace. They are quite a contrast to my parents, thus create a balance of sorts.

Oh, how can I forget my kids, who complete my family. They are the ones who challenge me to be a good example for them. They are a promise that encourage me to be a better person for their sake and make me practice gratitude every single day.

Then there are my cousins, my sisters and brothers-in-law who provide me the security of unconditional support. They are the people who are tolerant enough to let me just be without fear of being judged. They are reasons why I look forward to life in hope of spending some stress free moments of life.

My family has taught me the meaning of ‘always’, because I may be anywhere in the world, doing anything or nothing, yet if I get stuck maze of life, they will be there to guide my way out and find a new aspect to beauty of life.

Linking this post with Amrita and Tina for Thankful Thursday and Thank You Note

Healthwealthbridge

neha November 29, 2017 at 2:34 pm

That is a beautiful note to the family. Family is so much and it is difficult to fit everything they mean to us in a single note.

Geethica Mehra November 29, 2017 at 9:52 pm

I know that it is difficult to describe our feelings for family. It is endless and you can’t weave in one post. The love is unconditional and selfless.

Anagha Yatin (@anagha_yatin) November 30, 2017 at 5:21 pm

“Always”…what a lovely gift your family has give to you Anupriya!I think we all are gifted the same by our families, but we fail to recognise it. God bless your family dear!

Keerthi Vydyula December 1, 2017 at 5:51 pm

Such a beautiful way to express your gratitude to the people who encouraged you through out 🙂

Gayathri December 2, 2017 at 6:43 am

Family makes us strong, happy .. no matter what! I am so glad u have such a loving supportive family 🙂 all the best ..

Sapna Krishnan December 2, 2017 at 1:07 pm

How beautiful. You are truly blessed with an amazing family.<3

OPHIRA December 2, 2017 at 1:41 pm

Gratitude is a powerful emotion. I find it always propels me to work harder in life for the ones I love. Lovely read.

Renu Vashishta December 2, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Family is why and how we are! So a lot is required to be thankful for.Glad you have such a family.

priyadarshani Panda December 3, 2017 at 10:41 am

my sister was my first audience too being older she is my first critic and admirer too..my parents inspite of me being an average student showed so much of confidence in me and my husband and son are again my pillars…thanks for reminding me to be thankful …

Neha December 3, 2017 at 11:40 am

Family is so precious …beautifully written..we can’t express everything we feel in words..but we can try to live every moment of our family time

Priya December 3, 2017 at 11:50 am

When there is nothing and no one to look forward to, family is still around to fall back on. This post is a reminder for all of us to be thankful for each one in our family.

Priyanka December 3, 2017 at 11:50 am

So beautifully written and rightly said; a supportive family is all that one needs to glide through good and bad days withease

anjana December 3, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Wonderful write-up. Family makes us powerful.

Tina Basu December 3, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Family is such an institution that you can always count on, you can always fall back upon. Thanks for linking up with #ThankfulThursday #hankYouNote contest

Nayantara Hegde December 4, 2017 at 2:20 am

It is so lovely that you make time out for gratitude and then write a blog about it too. A family is indeed our backbone and lots of benefit from family.

Kinshoo December 4, 2017 at 2:53 am

That was Touching. One should always be thankful for whatever they have in life and family comes first.

Deepa December 4, 2017 at 7:54 pm

This is such a heartfelt post. We often forget to thank our family and take them for granted. But actually blessed are those who have their family near them.

Vidhi Duggal December 4, 2017 at 10:31 pm

Beautiful. Our family is something we can never thank enough. We can never imagine ourselves and our identity without them. You have brought out the emotions very well.

Disha Bhandari December 6, 2017 at 11:41 pm

So heartfelt and real. This made me so happy. Gratitude is so important.

Shipra Trivedi December 7, 2017 at 1:09 pm

The family is not a thing, it is everything. And I know it’s hard to express our feelings for our family but it’s good that you got the chance to express your thoughts in the form of a blog that others can read too. I loved your post.