Work and Life

I love food and food loves me back – #ThankYouNote

posted by Mommy Tincture December 6, 2017 19 Comments

As a teenager and a young adult, food was always secondary in my list of priorities. I often wondered why people lay such importance to food, when it was just a means to survive for other important tasks of life. But when I got married, food became a quick bridge to my joint family’s heart. As rhetoric as it may sound I didn’t mind learning to cook for my family as a way to break the ice. It was then when I discovered the joy of cooking and eating good food.

Now as a mother to two toddlers, I have discovered the nutritional significance of food. These days I am always fretting over what to feed them so that their growth doesn’t suffer. This is the new aspect of food that gives me many a sleepless nights now.

There’s more for which I need to thank food. As I grew busy with my family and work, food helps me connect with my friends. Because trying out good food at some new place has become a major motivation to look for an excuse to meet my friends. I have been lucky to have friends who have a very perceptive mind to try out new cuisines and experiment with food.

To come to reflect on it, two of my closest friends in my life currently are very integrally associated with food. One of them is a chef and the other is a food stylist and a food blogger. So I am always surrounded by new trends in cooking, food items and reviews of latest food joints. Love for food is one of the many things I share with these friends of mine and that keeps me going back to them.

Over the last couple of years, cooking has become a way of retreat for me. I can just put on the apron, get into my den of a kitchen and let my imagination and love flow into the ingredients to come up with some nice desserts and savories. When I am in my kitchen, I feel I am able to unwind without making much of an effort for anything else. The joy of watching my family enjoy each portion of what I have created alleviated my mood further.

Another, reason why I am really thankful to food for it being an apt filler. In awkward situations with people who I really do not connect with very well, I do not have to fish for things to talk about, because food is there to my rescue. We can simply discuss food, restaurants and cuisines.

So all in all, I am really thankful to food for bringing love, excitement and comfort in my life. It would not be wrong to say that food is a form of therapy in one’s life.

Linking this post with Amrita and Tina for Thankful Thursday and Thank You Note

Healthwealthbridge

Sudha Krishnan December 6, 2017 at 5:06 pm

Yes how true isn’t it?As mothers we try to find unique ways to keep the family healthy and in shape. It does help to be in company of esteemed chefs or food bloggers.

Geethica Mehra December 6, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Food improves our mood. It is the connectiviy with our families. I am also blessed to make some dishes that my family crave for and I am remembered in extended families also.

Anagha Yatin (@anagha_yatin) December 7, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Food to the rescue! Good you brought this facet of the food. It does help to further the discussion in the company of not so familiar faces…

Jessica December 8, 2017 at 12:30 pm

Does your child turn away when you put pumpkin on his plate or crinkle his nose at sprouts? Elevate these foods to superstar status with our amazing tips.

Akshaya December 8, 2017 at 8:07 pm

I’m a food lover too, this post made me smile! It definitely needs thanking.

Sapna Krishnan December 8, 2017 at 8:33 pm

I have my husband to thank for making me fall in love with everything food. I learnt cooking from him and he built my interest to try out something new every time we stepped out to dine.

Roopika December 8, 2017 at 10:09 pm

Food brings a smile on our face! Thanks for such a nice post..

Roopika December 8, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Food brings a smile on our face! Thanks for sharing such a nice post.

Nimmy Joseph December 8, 2017 at 10:21 pm

Oh yes yes..before having kids, it was always ‘eat what you love’. But who knew things would change once you have kids!! Now I find ways to include nutritious food in the diet, and it’s actually doable too. Thus, a happy family, healthy family 😊

priyadarshani Panda December 9, 2017 at 1:51 am

I agree with you on the importance of food before kids..i have a different reason to be thankful honestly I have a picky eater so my thankfulness to food goes there…when i realise the importance through my son…

Vidhi Duggal December 9, 2017 at 9:56 am

I agree with almost everything that you said. I realised the importance of cooking after marriage and it’s value from health perspective after becoming a mom.

OPHIRA December 9, 2017 at 12:32 pm

I love everything about food too and am so grateful for the abundance in our lives. We all forget about these small blessings, but blessings they are.

Neha December 9, 2017 at 1:34 pm

Although i enjoy food, I never enjoyed the process of cooking till i had my kid. Motherhood makes you adorn many hats. Inlove the way you penned it down. Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Deepa December 11, 2017 at 8:14 am

Food has always been an important part of my life but like as you said, the significance of the nutritional aspect came much later. Its important to be grateful for food always.

Shipra Trivedi December 11, 2017 at 9:33 am

Thanks to our mother, food has always been something super respectable in my family. I studied in an RSS school and there student used to recite a prayer before having their lunch. The aim behind the prayer was to pay gratitude to the food that gives us enormous things. Food is life. Isn’t it?

Mahak @babyandbeyondin December 11, 2017 at 10:16 am

I can relate…I have the same relation with food as well. Though I wish I had a chef friend to treat me with the latest trends in food too 😀

NEHA JAIN December 11, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Food is the best thing happened to any living -being. I love food and also, love cooking for my family (though, occasionally ;))

Kamana@SocialandStyle December 12, 2017 at 7:15 pm

love this! cSo all in all, I am really thankful to food for bringing love, excitement and comfort in my life.

Anchal December 12, 2017 at 10:46 pm