As I embark on a new year with new set of resolutions and promises to do better as a mother and in individual, multi-tasking remains on the top slot in my ‘aspirations’ list. My elder son’s winter vacations just concluded and he is back to school today, and thus I am back to blogging. I missed writing throughout the vacations, but was not able to spare any time for doing so and keeping up with my blogging calendar. Reason?
I was very busy making my kids’ vacations fun!
What did we do?
Here’s a bucket list of things we did during the 15 day vacations.
Foreword – (a) We live in Kolkata, where winters are minimal, and the weather was mostly pleasant outdoors. (b) This is an account from my kids’ point of view.
- We kicked of our first Saturday with a visit to the zoo. Though we visit the zoo like almost every month, this trip was special because there is a new Kangaroo that has come to live there.
- The Sunday was spent at a Christmas carnival with a lot of fun and frolic.
- While we enjoyed at the carnival, Mom and Dad were out running 10 km at the Tata Steel 25k Run Marathon. My little bro showed off the finisher’s medal with a lot of pride.
- Vacations mean intermittent visits to the Lions Club Safari Park. No! It is not a Safari to spot Lions park. It is a recreational park for joggers and kids with a lot of swings and slides. So yes we visited the park like almost 6 times in the 15 day vacation which is exponentially high compared to our weekly weekend morning visit to the park to feed the rabbits and play in the sand pit.
- Kolkata’s latest picnic attraction is ECO Park. It is a huge expanse of land with a man-made lake with all kinds of recreational opportunities. We spent a day with our cousins to play ball, ride bicycle and jump on the trampoline.
- We also spent an evening boating at Ganges riverside and at the new children’s park that has been inaugurated near our home.
- Christmas was spent playing with the visiting cousins and a road tour across the super-lighted and decorated lanes of Park Street and Elgin Road.
- We also decorated a Christmas tree at home with our aunt and cousin and had surprise gifts from the santa
- Spent some time revising on my phonics sounds and numbers. I can now spell and write most 3-letter words.
- And there was fun with art and craft. I also made a birthday banner for my cousin.
- Oh! How could I forget? Two of the three Sunday mornings’ were spent at the Happy Street. I could ride my skate scooter on the road with no fear of accident and also played ball.
- Not to forget. I got my first Mechano set. I love the number of different cars I can make using nuts & bolts and other things.
Phew! These were quite busy vacations for the kids and mom. But its time to get back to school routine now.
Mamma will have more time to herself now 🙂