For my elder son I used both cloth diapers as well as disposable ones until the time he was perfectly toilet trained sans accidents. Use of disposable diapers was mostly limited to outdoor trips and at night through the winters. I am practicing a similar approach for my younger one too. I have come to realize that whether you use cloth nappies, cloth diapers or disposable diapers your kid is susceptible to rashes mostly due to exposure to wetness on the skin and sometimes from the chaffing that is caused from friction or rubbing of the nappy/ diaper against the skin.
As per doctors, certain enzymes in stool also irritate the skin which may cause redness / rashes in the bum area. And this problem sustains till the time the child is potty trained. Every mum of a little child has to look for a precautionary or curative remedy for rashes in the diaper area.
There is a plethora of baby products available in the market for curing diaper rash, which makes it important for mums to make a careful choice and buy a product that is gentle on the baby yet effective in dealing with diaper rash.
I recently came across this new diaper rash treatment cream – Caladryl Diaper Cream from Piramal. The product came across as very promising in dealing with diaper rashes. So I picked it up for trial. Here’s my experience with the cream and my review based on the same.
1) 25% thicker cream
2) 2 times faster action
3) Does not get absorbed quickly, thus forms a protective layer for longer time’
4) Contains – Olive Oil and Glycerine making the cream gentle on baby skin
5) Treats diaper rashes quicker (contains 10% zinc oxide as compared to 2-5% in other creams)
6) Regular use prevents diaper rashes.
7) Once cured by Caladryl Diaper cream, the rashes will not reappear.
Like with every baby product, I used the Piramal Caladryl Diaper Cream first on my skin and later on my little bums’ skin.
1) The cream is indeed thicker than the most creams that I have used for diaper rashes
2) Helps maintain dryness in the diaper area, even during prolonged diaper use
3) Leaves the skin soft and supple
- The brand Piramal Caladryl is a well established and long trusted brand.
- The cream effectively forms a protective layer on the covered skin.
- There were no rashes on my little one’s diaper area during the one week that I use the cream.
- It comes in an easy to use, squeeze – out plastic tube and its small size makes it easy to carry it in the child’s diaper bag.
At Rs 184/- for 40 gms, Piramal Caladryl Diaper Cream is slightly on the costlier side. But I also realize that with the quantity required in one use, this 40gm tube should last you almost 60-70 days. Given this and that the diaper cream is good at what it claims to be, the price is worth it.
You may buy the Caladryl Diaper Cream online at Amazon