When I signed up for #MyFriendAlexa last year, I only knew that this campaign will help me improve my alexa rank. I didn’t exactly understand what it means exactly then. To me it was a number that depicted how I (rather my website) was performing in the larger scheme of things. It was one of the challenges that was going to bring some tangible results in terms of change / improvement in my blogsite’s Alexa rank in a month’s time. So I took it seriously. At the end of the month, did I see a difference? Yes I did! When I started I did not have an India Alexa Rank. But by the end of the month I had reached somewhere around 50k. Some progress that was!
But the rank was just one part of the benefits of participating in the #MyFriendAlexa campaign. In a larger scheme of things participating in #myFriendAlexa helped me set my foot in the blog-o-sphere. Here’s how –
- I came to read varied perspectives on varied subjects all under one roof. The blogchatter linky dedicated to the campaign helped me do so more efficiently.
- I received some genuine feedback on my writings that helped me look back at my own work and figure what ought to change.
- The community warmth that kept me going through phases of self-doubt was one of the biggest draws at the end of the month.
- I found out some amazing bloggers who I have followed ever since and have come to look upto them. Be it their blog content or their presence on social media – I have found these people to be extremely inspiring.
So yes, I am really looking forward to the month ahead. Its going to be crazy with a lot of writing and more reading. I have chalked out a writing plan for myself for the month of September. Though I have not been able to draft any posts in advance (atleast not as of now), I surely have the content ideas laid out neatly.
So there are a minimum of 8 posts that will need to go out next month. I have two themes that will go parallel with a post each every week. These two themes along with the post topics are as follows –
The Basics to Generating Good Karma
I am a strong believer of Karma and have come to realize that it is the seed we sow that come back to us as fruits. It’s a simple logic – if you want good fruits, you ought to sow good seeds. In this four post series I am going to cover how by bringing some small yet certain changes in our thought process and actions, we can get into a habit of sowing good seeds. Also I am going to share my experiences of being a part of the Karmic Fitness program by Neha Jain
This year saw the publishing of my first ebook – Parenting & A Slice of Everything. I am really honored and encouraged by the feedback and reviews that the book has garnered. So I feel it is only logical to spread the love back and complete certain jobs that have been pending for sometime. This pending job is regarding the book reviews of certain books by fellow bloggers and friends that I picked up with an intent to reviews them, but could not come around to do so. . So here are four of the books from that lot, whose reviews will see the day light throughout this month. These four books are –
- A Girl In The New Town by Alpana Deo
- IPL-ology by Paresh Godhwani
- A New Lease Of Life by Sarmita Dey
- Astitva by Monika (Aubhujia)
So all the sweet peeps out there, please stay tuned and find some amazing content coming your way throughout the month of September.
If you wish to participate in #MyFriendAlexa, please click here to register.