LifeStyle

Karmic Fitness – Do Not Criticize Others, Appreciate Them

Karma , Karmic Fitness

The Google Dictionary Defines Karma as the sum of a person’s actions in this and previous states of existence (re-incarnations), viewed as deciding their fate in future existences

When I decided to follow the Karmic Fitness program by Neha Jain of GMCKS Lightworkers, I did not fathom the exact extent of hard work it would be. After all I am a god fearing person who lives life by certain principles and values that include – do good, never harm anyone, do not cheat and believe in hard work. How difficult would it be to fit into a Karmic test and come out unscathed. But boy! I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Karma is not just about what you do, it is also about what you think or feel. And if that’s not enough, Karma is also about what you don’t do! In its simplest form Master Choa Kok Sui defines Karma as the fruit of the seeds we sow (remember ‘what you sow, so shall you reap?). In a four post series throughout the month of September, I am going to give you a peek-a-boo into the challenges I faced while trying to fall in line with the expectations of the Karmic Fitness Program during its first four weeks.

Disclaimer – Please feel free to read my views with a pinch of salt. My satiric stand is meant only to share my internal turmoil and also to make for an interesting read. I do not intend to offend anyone in any manner.

Karma - Karmic Fitness

Week 1

Karmic Dilemma – Why do I not receive enough appreciation for my efforts?

Karmic Advice – Do not criticize others. Genuinely appreciate others for their efforts.

My Musings

For those who know me to an extent of even an iota, know that I am a person of strong opinions.

Why would anyone do something like that? What he/she did was absolutely unethical! Who on earth can be so dumb?

All my life, I have lived by certain principals and all those who have chosen to differ or deviate have been at the receiving end of my wrath. (No I have not always been vocal on the face in expressing my displeasure) But I have surely expressed my annoyance at some platform or the other ( even if it meant offloading my opinions to my diary). And oh! But the lesson to not bad-mouth anyone is one lesson I learned long time back in life. So no, this time around my woes were not about restraining myself from criticizing others.

The finer print of ‘Not Criticizing Others’ condition reads that do not criticize anyone even in your mind. That means, I AM NOT EVEN ALOUD TO SULK! Can you imagine that? I mean I can’t be vocal about my displeasure. Fine. But I can’t even think it over in my mind? That’s sacrilege! How do I deal with my menopausal mom then? And how do I keep my blood pressure levels under control whenever (read everyday) my maid throws a tantrum about wanting an increment every 6 months?

I am thankful that I do not work anymore, otherwise I would have had a difficult time surviving the challenges of working with unreasonable seniors/colleague/ cross department equivalents etc. etc. and not being able to even feel frustrated. All for the fear of sowing seeds of criticism.

I could keep adding to the list.

But the crux of the matter is that criticism (unless it’s genuinely constructive) at any level, be it verbal, mental or emotional level is not allowed.

It’s not over yet! Let’s get to the appreciation part. (believe me that’s the more challenging domain)

One thing that I was relieved about was that I am very generous with appreciation to appropriate benefactors. In my day-to-day physical real life, that is. When it comes to the social media, I have remained rather stoic for a very long time. My reserved being, found the idea of appreciating someone over and again on social media quiet errr…. I am sorry I can’t find the correct word for my discomfort. Also, I do realize that as an aspiring blogger/author, this trait of not being able to appreciate others enough is definitely a shortcoming. So my task was cut-out.  I decided that I am going to be more generous with praising others’ genuine efforts on social media.

But that was easier said than done. If you’ve been around in the social media arena, you will understand that relationships here too tend to be transactional. However genuinely you like somebody, you can keep track of only those who are in your line of sight directly (read – who keep coming back to interact with you) so when I began to leave praise messages for some people who I genuinely appreciate and look upto, somewhere in the nook of my mind, an expectation of reciprocation sprouted. And the very next moment, I became vary of the fact that others might be thinking the same about me (that I have suddenly become an active appreciator to garner appreciation in return). But all those wonderful people out there please know that while I would surely be encouraged by a little praise here or there, I know for sure that it is not an expectation when I appreciate you.

Well, that was my first week of Karmic Fitness in a nut-shell.  I am still training my mind to not form a criticizing opinion of anyone or any situation at the drop of a hat. But yes, I am making progress. And as far as appreciation is concerned, I only worry about the fact that people around should not start wondering why I am being so generous with my positive comments lately. If you are reading this post, you now know why!

Trivia – Does criticizing the government, the system and infrastructure add to the negative karmic account too? Oh! But refraining from THAT kind of criticism would make life way too bland for so many of us.

And one more! Next time when I meet my BFF, how do I fill in for the time we otherwise used for bitching about everything under the sun?

I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter.

Purba Chakraborty September 4, 2018 at 1:29 am

It was great reading this post. The questions you asked at the end of the post made me laugh.
Not criticizing anyone, even internally is extremely tough for an ordinary human being. Only a yogi can do that perhaps.
Looking forward to reading the next post.

Pragnya Mishra September 4, 2018 at 5:58 am

Analyzing your karma balance is a tough work. And suddenly appreciating without any expectation is never easy. I am thoroughly confused here Anupriya, If i embrace others and never criticize their thoughts or actions and don’t speak out loud about my disappointment then how to express my concern to others? Won’t the other one take me for granted? Looking forward to your series and checking out the karmic fitness program too.

Anupriya September 4, 2018 at 6:40 am

So you have to understand the difference between constructive feedback and criticism. And the focus is more on avoiding the criticism that causes one to rant about others needlessly. The rule actually says that if you send out one message of criticism then you ought to send out two messages of appreciation to balance out your karma

Jheelam September 4, 2018 at 4:50 pm

Yes I love this approach. On the other side, the more I age, the less I tend to judge/criticize people. It might be my own musing but I feel that in believing “Whatever floats their boats”, I feel lot calmer. I don’t even give constructive feedback, if not asked. Your Karmic Fitness program sounds so interesting. Would keep an eye on it.

Lavanya September 4, 2018 at 7:33 am

I don’t know if you have read “The autobiography of a yogi” but it enunciates some of the principles you describe here. It’s easy to control our outward actions but much more difficult to discipline a wayward mind.

Anupriya September 4, 2018 at 8:18 am

I guess I will need to read the book suggested by you soon. Thanks for dropping by. It’s always good to have readers who understand your point of view.

Varsha Bagadia September 4, 2018 at 7:41 am

Your post set my mind thinking, Anupriya. Like they say, anything good or bad begins with a thought. If we can train our mind to not criticise anyone and appreciate honestly, life would be perfect! Social media is a strange place where even good people fall in the trap of reciprocation. Will look forward to know more about this in your coming posts.

Kalpana September 4, 2018 at 7:52 am

i’m a great admirer of Master Choa Kok Sui and have done the Pranic Healing course so read your article with interest. I agree that it’s important to appreciate. I disagree that one shouldn’t criticise. Criticism, constructively done, improves things. Although you have mentioned constructive criticism. We should keep questioning and improving, telling the other person kindly.

Anupriya September 4, 2018 at 8:17 am

It’s great to have another pranic healer to read this post. Thanks for dropping by.

Mayuri Nidigallu September 4, 2018 at 8:17 am

This promises to be interesting journey, for you as you go through it and us readers, as we learn from you. Loved reading the introduction, waiting to know more. Shall await future posts.

Sitharaam Jayakumar September 4, 2018 at 8:18 am

Anupriya, I have never attended programs that include trying to change my character. Maybe it works for some people. But when I was a younger man I used to try and willfully alter some of my negative traits. One thing I always found was that with a certain amount of willpower one can control things for some time. But sooner or later our DNA takes over and we revert back to being our true self. After some time I gave up the idea. I don’t mean to criticize your initiative but I for one firmly believe that our character is our blueprint and nothing can really change it. No matter how hard we try at some unguarded moment our true self would pop out. I hope I am not going too far by giving a frank opinion. Maybe I ought to try some of these courses and perhaps try to control my quick temper which has always been a stumbling block for me. Thanks for this post. I will be reading further. #MyFriendAlexa #JaiSReads

Reshmy Pillai September 4, 2018 at 8:24 am

This post got me thinking! Going to pick a few pointers from here and practice.

Shubhra Rastogi September 4, 2018 at 8:37 am

Great read … what goes around comes around. #

Rashi Roy September 4, 2018 at 9:03 am

Indeed, its all in the mind. Hope more people understand this and be happy.

Richa Mina September 4, 2018 at 9:03 am

great post but even after not verbally criticizing anyone mind is the only solitude we’ll ever get to criticize, without any fear of overhearing or getting caught. i don’t think i can give that up even if i tried.

Abhijit September 4, 2018 at 10:01 am

Many traits you mentioned I can relate to. Having worked with people, I can understand many of us want to be appreciated. As managers when we have to appraise people, one has to find ways to criticise, How to soften the blow without compromising the message is an art. Not many people are adept at it. Yes we are humans. Some times, may be many a time we are critical when things do not go our way. I look forward to your posts about what you are learning and how do. you deal with your inclination to be not critical.

Dr.Amrita Basu September 4, 2018 at 10:04 am

I agree to the entire word and spirit of the post.Lord Krishna once said,” you can only help those who want to be helped”.Even when you are asked for advice, people only want to hear what they want to hear So its a tricky balance. At the end of the day, I try for self-improvement. Great insights.

Aparna Prabhu September 4, 2018 at 10:22 am

I have never heard of this challenge. I’m across this for the first time. Best wishes for this.

Sudha Krishnan September 4, 2018 at 10:23 am

Your journey looks promising right now. Being human I guess it is quite natural to feel disappointed when your expectations are not met, It is generally an instant reaction rather than a slow response. It gives way to other negative emotions that brew in mind. Gossiping if done positively adds to the flavour of the day but bitching certainly keeps our mind engrossed in negative vibes and emotions. It sure is a humungous task to appreciate others and not mentally request a reciprocal.

Kinshoo Agrawal September 4, 2018 at 10:30 am

Intrigued by the term Karmic. Though I try to follow this rule – not criticizing instead appreciating, not always easy yet doable and gives inner peace to me.
#MyFriendAlexa #momlearningwithbaby

arv! September 4, 2018 at 11:19 am

we humans are programmed for “critically evaluating” others, not realizing that we suffer from similar issues. I’m glad you decided to write about it, Anupriya!

Akshata September 4, 2018 at 11:25 am

This really sounds difficult, I am quite vocal about what I think, express my displeasure as well and appreciation has very high standards for me. But when I genuinely like someone i am more than happy to walk an extra mile for them. I wasn’t aware of this interesting concept look forward to the . next chapter #MyFriendAlexa #AksReflects

Shri Krishna Sharma September 4, 2018 at 12:07 pm

Very nicely written and truly right approach. If we are criticizing others, thinking bad about them even in our mind, it affects us badly, while it may not have any bad effect on them. So even while thinking for ourselves only, we should have positive thoughts about others.
Somebody rightly said-If you want to be happy, appreciate others, think good about them, otherwise you may do the opposite.

Dipali Bhasin September 4, 2018 at 12:12 pm

To attain the state that you describe would take mental overhauling to a great extent and how long one can sustain it is questionable. While I genuinely appreciate constructive feedback and feel it aids in improvement, being critical and the harsh manner in which it is given can be damaging. Giving genuine compliments or expressing positively and earnestly by its inherent reaction will get you the same response. If one is expecting reciprocation, it’s not genuine.
Where social media is concerned, I agree it is transactional. “You rub my back and I rub yours” works in it and that’s because there is no patience to know virtual people to understand their intent. It’s a fast moving medium and a few words of a stranger decide one’s reaction. Fake or Genuity don’t count here. While it’s wonderful for self to reach a higher state of self-attainment, I fear the dystopia of the world will retrace us back to where we were sooner or later. I will follow you on your karmic fitness to learn more. Cheers!

KAPILA Rattan Bhowmik September 4, 2018 at 12:54 pm

Wow!! what great thoughts!! all of us out there are deals with our own struggles, instead of criticizing a word of appreciation will be really motivating

Snehal Joshi September 4, 2018 at 1:02 pm

Lovely post! I should practice Karmic Fitness as you do. Let me take it one day at a time. #myfriendalexa

Sonia Chatterjee September 4, 2018 at 3:14 pm

The most interesting part was about not having any expectation related to receiving the same appreciation back. I used to be in guard when it came to interacting with people I haven’t met in real life. But I have come across so many wonderful people in this virtual world, some of whom I call friends now that I have started believing in the power of social media. I guess our friendship is one of the classic examples to prove my point.

Agnivo Niyogi September 4, 2018 at 4:00 pm

“Does criticizing the government, the system and infrastructure add to the negative karmic account too?” This one had me LOLing. Great article 🙂

Mayura Amarkant September 4, 2018 at 4:00 pm

This post was like looking into the mirror. I realised so many things about my own behaviour & habits after reading this. Gosh…criticising is so natural …and sulking is like bae…how does one get out of this vicious circle…? Thank you for bringing such a brilliantly written post to us. Looking forward to reading more posts from you. #MyFriendAlexa #MayuraReads

Varsha September 4, 2018 at 4:18 pm

This was surely an eye-opener post, makes me re-think about every activity now. I’m waiting for the upcoming posts 🙂
#vigorousreads #MyFriendAlexa

Gunjan Upadhyay September 4, 2018 at 4:18 pm

Well, I have tried not believed much but still able to hold myself for not criticising others, rather I would like to keep mum on the issue than lying about something, That a great post, looking forward for more #Tuggunmommyreads #MyFriendAlexa

Jhilmil Bhansali September 4, 2018 at 4:27 pm

I agree to the pointers you have shared. Being a strong headed myself, few years back and sometimes even today I have such thoughts as to why and how, what’s the logic behind and lot more such thoughts and questions. Its right not to criticise people and form any opinions. Its better to know the reasons behind and then work.

Latha September 4, 2018 at 4:34 pm

I love your writing style..this is one course I can’t put myself through… Not having critical thoughts… Well my mind would be blank…

#myfriendalexa #indiabeautyreads

Anshu Bhojnagarwala September 4, 2018 at 4:38 pm

Not criticizing anyone is quite difficult to remove from our mental make up, but glad you took up this challenge. Criticizing others takes so much mental space that you will start feeling lighter and better as you practice abstinence.

prisha September 4, 2018 at 5:18 pm

for one i love the honesty you have poured in to this blog. Karmic Fitness is a word i have heard for the first time, and my, Im in love with it!

Alpana Deo September 4, 2018 at 5:25 pm

Controlling your mind is challenging and whoever has gained the mastery is the one who is at peace. But the question is – whose mind is at free from thought? Btw have you read The Autobiography of a Yogi? I haven’t but a friend of mine has mentioned about it a couple of days ago.I think you will realte to it.
#MothersGurukulreads #MyFriendAlexa

Monalisa dey September 4, 2018 at 5:31 pm

I’m a bit outspoken person. It’s tough at times not to criticise.

Maya Bhat September 4, 2018 at 5:50 pm

I believe in constructive criticism. It is something we do for the good of the other. But ofcourse we should not do it with everyone who comes our way. It works only with those people whom we really want to see excel in life. Also we should be open to accept constructive criticism from well-wishers. Otherwise how we will we grow in life?
Other than with positive intentions criticism would mean just poking nose into other persons affairs. ☺️

Ashvini Naik September 4, 2018 at 6:08 pm

Absolutely loved your thought, Anupriya, on how reciprocation works.

I remember reading a phrase rather a saying when I was a child. “The one who gossips to you, surely gossips about you.” And boy, I’ve always realized how true it is.

And I personally opine that life is a synopsis of a complicated reciprocation network. And if we don’t like being thwarted at, we’d rather not to that to others too. The very realization is a precious moment.

Rashmi chand September 4, 2018 at 6:11 pm

Karmic fitness challenge in real terms is your mental n psychological challenge, something that we often overlook. I am usually generous with appreciation and i will continue being so after reading your post :). Looking forward to reading about the whole challenge.

Nayantara Hegde September 4, 2018 at 6:17 pm

Really got me thinking. I find it difficult to adopt a formal practice by way of a god, guru or a program. However events have happened lately in my life which have beaten me so bad that I have come to follow this practice – no criticism, only appreciation else stay silent.

Lancelot September 4, 2018 at 6:30 pm

It is so so easy to immediately judge and criticize and form an opinion about someone without even being considerate.
I totally get this. I unfortunately too speak my mind too often or think about it and increase my blood pressure. I have been trying to not judge, be patient and listen to the other side of the story. So far so good.

☆Novemberschild☆ (@romspeaks) September 4, 2018 at 6:31 pm

It’s so easy to criticize other people, and so hard to give a single honest compliment. It’s so easy to see yourself in a good light and at the same time focus on imperfections of other people. But criticizing people is a complete lose-lose situation that only creates distance, spreads negative energies and causes tensions. Criticism is one of the worst kinds of negative thinking, talking and acting.
If positive thoughts are creative thoughts of connecting, including, sharing and loving, then negative thinking is composed of thoughts and words (and consequently actions) that disconnect, exclude and spread hate. Since it’s impossible to live a positive life with a negative mind, it’s obvious why criticizing others is so unproductive and irrational. So let’s put a stop to it. The moment you start excluding others, creating distance and spreading negative energies, switch your thinking and acting to a more positive one. The same millisecond you want to criticize, switch to and ignite thoughts of connecting, sharing, love, praise, tolerance, compassion and empathy. That’s how you will deal with your inner and outer critics once and for all. Because when you develop tolerance towards others, you will develop tolerance towards yourself.

Ruchi Verma September 4, 2018 at 7:30 pm

I am so feeling positive reading this post trust me so much related and so I am into a family who believe in karmic healing and all so can relate that all your energy related to your thoughts

Mann September 4, 2018 at 7:31 pm

What I think is to appreciate others is a skill that many of us lack or haven’t explored much. I find it easy when I am in a class. It’s spontaneous! but when ladies expect compliments on every dress they wear, I find it irritating. I refrain from criticizing but when something really bothers me or I see injustice and I can’t do anything about that, I do criticize. Does that make me a bad person???
#mannreads

Aditi Kapur September 4, 2018 at 7:47 pm

I feel like Yes! This is so me!
I’ll be glued to know what happened after the Karmic fitness healing;)

Priya Bajpai September 4, 2018 at 8:21 pm

Wow. Loved this post, and I mean it. And I totally get you. At times even I try hard not to think wrong about anybody. I also devised a plan, whenever I think wrong I correct myself by saying ‘God bless’. And trust me it works.
Will be looking forward to read your posts.

Charu September 4, 2018 at 8:26 pm

Loved this concept. It’s tough to ignore the faults and praise on real life. Though mastered, it’s a big accomplishment.

Deepa September 4, 2018 at 8:40 pm

An interesting read. Although not heard about this , i can relate to a few as well.. Karma.. What goes around cones back.. Well written anu

smitha gn September 4, 2018 at 8:48 pm

so well explained … loved reading this
#MyFriendAlexa
#simiwrites

Ranjini Sankar September 4, 2018 at 8:49 pm

It’s very difficult to not criticize people externally, let alone internally. But stopping the thoughts all of a sudden wouldn’t be possible. I think the key is to reduce it externally. After a few years, we’ll be happy without the satisfaction of bitching about someone. Then we could monitor our thoughts. I’m saying this because I’ve been trying to practice it. Improvement is seen but at a slow rate

kalpana September 4, 2018 at 9:34 pm

Interesting! We have all heard about Karma and its implications: not being vocal about something is doable and understandable but not even thinking about it is well, next to impossible. How is it even humanly possible to not have any displeasure when you are surrounded by, well, very many “uncivilised people” ? Looking forward to your posts!

Vandana Mathur September 4, 2018 at 9:37 pm

Not criticising others even in your mind is really difficult. Though nowadays I am trying to remain positive in my thoughts, but many a times I am unsuccessful. Looking forward to read your next posts.

Jaya Agarwal September 4, 2018 at 9:39 pm

A beautiful and much needed post. Creating a bank account of good karma helps filling up your life with wealth of happiness, joy, love and care.

Namratha September 4, 2018 at 10:00 pm

I genuinely learnt something from this post. We do train our physical selves, why not do a bit for the happiness of the soul as well. I understand the turmoils you have faced. The main thought that passed through my mind Anupriya as I read your post was that I wasn’t yet ready for this sort of commitment to my karmic self. Maybe someday I shall explore it more. However, giving praise freely does seem like a fruitful endeavour, for now.

Harjeet Kaur September 4, 2018 at 10:02 pm

I believe in Karma and it is certain that what goes around comes around.Do good and good will happen to you for sure.
#wordsmithkaurreads

Milan September 4, 2018 at 10:22 pm

Its said: those who live in glass house should not throw stone at others; similarly i strongly believe that unless and until one is himself a righteous person , he has no right to criticize others. This blog is a food for thought!!

saba irfan September 4, 2018 at 11:14 pm

your post has a depth in it. not all people openly talk about it in their blogs, great that you did

writenlive September 4, 2018 at 11:18 pm

Karmic Fitness…I am hooked enough to wait for the rest of the series.
This post has been shared so many times since morning, in my twitter feed that the first thing I did was to read this post when I opened your site.

Awesome, is what I would say.

But, I can’t stop criticising the government, at least not yet. Nor can I allow my close relationships to wither away, especially the ones I have nurtured over criticism and complaining 😛

Shilpa Gupte September 4, 2018 at 11:33 pm

It’s quite a tough journey you have embarked upon, Anupriya. It will need all of your willpower to embrace the teachings but I am sure it will help you in the long run.
I too feel guilty when I criticise or gossip about someone, but I reason that a little bit of gossiping is good for health! 😛

WIsh you the best!

Pratikshya Mishra September 5, 2018 at 12:21 am

I heard about Karmic Fitness for the first time here… A very interesting post. All the best. And yes I believe in genuine appreciations too. Of course, expecting something in return unconsciously is very human nature, 🙂

Anks September 5, 2018 at 12:27 am

Well, it is a difficult challenge. I have found it easier to maintain a facade of pleasantness by criticising in my head and letting it out of my system. Training myself to not feel that way and not keep anything bottled up? Wow. That would be quite something 🙂

Anisha September 5, 2018 at 12:47 am

It was such a fun and enlightning read.. Also the questions in the end were hillarious at the same time something to think about

JayanthyGovindarajan (@JayanthyG) September 5, 2018 at 1:09 am

I really laughed at your lovely thoughts! I still couldn’t get out of this! I have wondered and read about this Karmic actions too. A tough job especially for ones like me who react even before the hat drops! Isn’t it really Karma that I had to read this! And now, this will be lingering in my mind – for good or bad and will make me uncomfortable when I start to think and feel nonsensical thoughts again! 🙂

Good one!!

Surabhi September 5, 2018 at 2:50 am

Its very difficult to keep our mind free from negative thoughts be it criticising or not liking things. It needs lot of practice and meditation to get that peace of mind and I hope the Karmic fitness helps in that.

Surbhi Prapanna September 5, 2018 at 7:27 am

It is something new to me and I had seen a lot has been said already. agree, we should believe in the power of appreciation not the criticism. #surbhireads #myfreindalexa

Suchita Agarwal September 5, 2018 at 9:33 am

You my online blogger friend were like speaking to me through this post. Universe works in mysterious ways. Bookmarking this post!

Manas Mukul September 5, 2018 at 9:55 am

Really Interesting post Anupriya. I definitely agree that criticising someone comes naturally to us Indians but I also feel that the ones who are really close to you, they on many occasions look up to for feedback and most of the times it comes in the form of criticism. How to work around that for a person who is blessed with sarcasm 😀

#MyFriendAlexa #ContemplationOfaJoker #Jokerophilia

Do visit http://www.manasmukul.wordpress.com and share your experience.

Dipika Singh September 5, 2018 at 10:37 am

Looking ahead to read more amazing post like this from your blog Anupriya, Criticism has become a general practice here, and generally, we have become part of this system.

Arjun Gupta September 5, 2018 at 12:28 pm

I relate so much to this post. There was a time when I had so much anger within me that I would criticize everyone and everything over the tiniest issues. Slowly, I learned to let go of the anger and be a more came and appreciative person. Looking forward to the future posts 🙂

Geethica Mehra September 5, 2018 at 12:47 pm

Appreciating others works but its hard to maintain the practice. Looking forward to more lessons in the coming week.

Bikramjit September 5, 2018 at 1:00 pm

Love to know your Karmic Fitness. Almost all things have two sides. Way of choosing, controlling, expressing varies. Believe in karma, positive energy, positive way.

Disha September 5, 2018 at 1:37 pm

It looks like a great journey to follow. Training oneself may take practice, but in the end you will emerge a more happier person.

Medha Nagur September 5, 2018 at 3:18 pm

There are two aspects to criticism- positive and negative. The one that comes as a constructive criticism with good intention and as a way of providing real feedback has a certain amount of positivity associated with it. They’re harsh lessons but important ones.

And the other comes out of envy and bring along a lot of negative vibes. That simply needs to be curbed.

Anchal September 5, 2018 at 4:15 pm

Keeping a balance might be difficult but not impossible 🙂

Anagha Yatin September 5, 2018 at 5:17 pm

I generally dont criticize any one. I prefer to stay at a safe distance from people whose ways of conduct and thought dont match mine. But in mind, yes sometimes I do criticize. After reading this post, I will be more vigil about not criticising any one even in mind.
Thanks for sharing this wisdom Anupriya.

Nidhi Garg September 5, 2018 at 8:29 pm

I could not be more agree with you dear. This Karmic fitness is something which I am trying to practice from past couple of months…. just loved this post

SUJATA TAWDE September 5, 2018 at 8:37 pm

Hi Anupriya , all the best for your Karmic Fitness. This is very similar to ‘ How to win Friends and influence people’. I tried it for a month , when I was in college but could not continue, It’s seems so easy in theory but very tough cookie to crack.

Pradnya Salve September 5, 2018 at 10:12 pm

I never knew something like karmic fitness also exists,glad I came through your post to understand it more and now I am googling about it

Paresh Godhwani September 6, 2018 at 12:12 am

I also believe in Karma but never thought that I am making a karma even by thinking about someone in my thoughts. Really an eye opening post. You have shared your experience really well here. All the best for the future challenges.

Anubhuti September 6, 2018 at 6:09 am

Being a critic is also a specialised job and needs a lot of dedication and time. But now a days everyone is a critic for everything they see throughout the day. I think it’s good article to relate with what is actually happening in the world today.

Snehalata Jain September 6, 2018 at 5:47 pm

Truly i Belive we should do our work amd things get reciprocated.. If u want to do friendship with ur enemy u have to take steps

Tina Acharya September 6, 2018 at 7:37 pm

Its a wonderful post. However, I take it bit differently. In one line, you have written …Karma is What we do and what we don’t do…” Criticism and Edification are human attributes. We must do them…Constructive Criticism and Genuine appreciation is a must as a human. I am most of the time quite vocal in expressing but at times, when its not possible, i criticise and don’t approve certain things in my mind…whether I am able to speak it or not.

Nupur September 6, 2018 at 10:10 pm

New concept and well written. Hard to practise! But rewarding. Will try.

Preethi Venugopala September 7, 2018 at 10:22 pm

I am sure this is going to be an enlightening journey. I am a firm believer in this principle. Karma, as they say, is a bitch. 😀

Deepali Soam September 8, 2018 at 9:46 am

Karma- heavy word with a different definition. I loved reading your take.

Sanjota Grampurohit September 9, 2018 at 2:54 am

Before talking about others first we should look at ourselves. Abraham Lincoln said ‘Don’t ask what country has done for you, ask what you have done to the country’. I reciprocate this thought to every relationship, things in m life.

BellyBytes September 9, 2018 at 10:49 am

I’m surprised my comment does not show up on your blog. it was interesting reading. I first thought your post was about fitness till I realised you were talking about karma. All I can say is that what goes round comes round and we have to learn to deal with people who annoy us in this life itself

Sejal Khanna September 9, 2018 at 2:34 pm

If we look for problems, we WILL find problems, but if we start looking for solutions instead, things we can do something about other than just criticizing, things that are positive, we will be more focused and positive.

Manpreet September 9, 2018 at 5:06 pm

Omg! This is like I would have written this if I was doing this challenge you’re doing. Never knew about it but I am a big believer in the concept of universe and manifestation and all…
And even though I try not to criticize others aloud, except when I’m doing a book review, I find myself criticizing people all the time and wondering why my efforts don’t get appreciated. I guess, it has been my corrupt mind all this time. huh.

Nidhi Rawal Gautam September 9, 2018 at 8:06 pm

Karmic Fitness – New and interesting.

Never Lie To Your Kids - #KarmicFitness - Mommy Tincture September 12, 2018 at 12:04 am

[…] In the first post of this four post series of ‘Karmic Fitness’ theme this month, I told you about how one needs to train oneself at three levels (physical, mental and emotional) to not criticize others and appreciate them genuinely. Why it is very important to sow the seeds of appreciation and non-criticism to reap similar fruits. You can read about my endeavor to practice this aspect of karma here. […]

Karma Of Success - KarmicFitness #3 - Mommy Tincture September 25, 2018 at 6:19 am

[…] Karma of Criticism […]