Wellness

Take this #10YearChallenge with a Twist

#10YearChallenge

I am generally a camera shy person, specially in the context of my readiness to share my pictures on social media. I do so only when absolutely necessary, or when I see no other way out. Come January’19 and all our timelines were flooded with people’s pictures with the #10YearChallenge. Please believe me when I say that I was too tempted, but my laziness won over and kept me away from digging into my Pitaraa of memories (read my extendable hard-disk). But then came along another #10yearchallenge by my dear friend and an ace blogger / author Romila of Novemberschild and I couldn’t wait to take this challenge. Read about Romila’s #10YearChallenge here

So here goes my version of the #10YearChallenge thrown by her –

10 Years Ago – 2009

1. I was 25 years old,
  2. High on love,
  3. Poised with work,
  4. Never cared about foes,
  5. But had quite a number of friends,
  6. Lived on a budget,
  7. Yet worried nothing or less,
  8. Felt in control of my life,
  9. Was ready to become HIS wife,
  10. And confident of winning over the Challenges of a new life!

Now – 2019

5. I will love to travel more
  6. And talk less, because my throat will be sore
  7. I will do more work with a cause
  8. I need to give back to the society, that’s because
  9. I will see my old-age approaching
  10. And flinch as my priorities undergo another round of poaching

That was my naive attempt at rhyming and telling you about my 10 years that have gone by and those that are to come. Whatever the age and phase of my life, I have promised myself to never give up on my dreams. Sometimes, dreams come true, sometimes they don’t. And at other times, they change. What matter’s is that one must not give up on dreaming as long as there is this remotest possibility of even a single one coming true.

Mayuri Nidigallu February 6, 2019 at 8:17 am

What a brilliant idea for a 10 year challenge, Anypriya! Loved the rhyming and reading about your journey.

Anupriya February 6, 2019 at 10:14 am

Thank you Mayuri! You have always been and still are a huge source of inspiration. And any positive feedback from you makes me smile throughout the day. And about the rhyming, I used to do it a lot in school, but then life happened. I guess its time to rekindle some old passions.

Shilpa Gupte February 6, 2019 at 11:24 am

I loved reading this 10YearChallenge than seeing all those pictures on social media!
I, too, didn’t share my 10 yr old pic coz I don’t have any! 😛
This is something I also read on Vinitha’s blog and have been thinking of doing a similar post on mine too. But, of course, it won’t be in this style because I am really bad at rhyming. 😛

Rajlakshmi February 6, 2019 at 12:26 pm

I lived this twist of 10yearchallenge. Congratulations on publishing two books and hopw your 10 year goal becomes true 😊

Anamika Agnihotri February 6, 2019 at 3:47 pm

This was fun, reading about your then and now and later as a poem. I am with you in terms of my shyness in sharing my photos on social media. So this twist on 10-year challenge works for me but I can only talk about then and now. I have no clue and no plans for the future except for the fact I will keep finding ways to express myself to my contentment.

Obsessivemom February 8, 2019 at 11:05 am

This is so cute and a much better way to take the challenge. I get it when you say you’re camera shy, I so am too. Good luck with your 2029 goals/dreams. You’ll get there.

Esha M Dutta February 8, 2019 at 12:24 pm

Loved your post, Anupriya! Beautiful rhyming and so well articulated, so much more packed into the post than just mere snapshots! Wishing your future brings you all that you’re aiming for. Can’t wait to grab copies of those amazing books that you’ll be writing in the years to come. Best wishes! 🙂

Sonia Chatterjee February 12, 2019 at 2:33 pm

Brilliant idea and an equally awesome write up. Your writing has become a delight to read. And I say this as a reader since I am not really writing much these days. I come here to enjoy the creativity of your pen.

Vartika February 13, 2019 at 4:07 am

I agree with Sonia. You weave magic girl.